This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 2 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Interaction of Ionizing Radiation with Matter Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Interaction of Ionizing Radiation With Matter Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
INTERACTION OF IONIZING RADIATION WITH MATTER: 2 CEUs
This tutorial gives an overview on Interaction of Ionizing Radiation With Matter
Objectives: Interaction of Ionizing Radiation with Matter
Topics to be covered
- Bremsstrahlung production and its utility in producing radiographs.
- an explanation of how highly charged particles coming near a nucleus can produce these x-rays.
- Photoelectric effect, its causes, and the energy balance involved.
- Probability of the photo electric affect occurring based on the Z number of the absorber and the energy of the photon.
- Internal conversion and a comparison with Photoelectric Effect
- The Compton affect and a description of how high-energy photons interact with matter
- Pair production and the energy requirements for this interaction to take place.
After completion of this tutorial, one should be able to
- Explain what Bremsstrahlung are and what causes their formation.
- Explain the utility of Bremsstrahlung radiation in radiographic procedures
- Describe the photoelectric effect and write the equation that explains the energy balance between the incoming photon, the exiting electron, and the binding energy.
- Explain the dependence of Photoelectric effect upon atomic number of the absorber and the photon energy
- Describe the process of Internal Conversion
- Describe the Compton Effect and the type of collision involved regarding elasticity.
- Identify Angle f in the equation for Compton Effect
- Explain the process of Pair Production, identify the pair, and explain how each of these two particles gives up their energy
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucpharmtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. Click on the Purchase Tutorial link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!