This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 1 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Palliation of Pain Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Palliation of Pain Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment Link (Credit Card or Payment)
RADIONUCLIDE THERAPY IN PALLIATION OF BONY METASTASES
TUTORIAL: 1 CEU CREDIT
This tutorial gives a comprehensive overview of Radionuclide Therapy for the purpose of palliating pain caused by bony metastases. This is a very valuable, but highly under-utilized procedure that renders pain relief (sometimes complete) in ~80% of all patients treated with the available therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals.
This tutorial covers
- A historical overview of palliation of pain with therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals
- A description of these radiopharmaceuticals and the physical properties of the associated alpha and β- emitting radionuclide as well as typical recommended doses
- The epidemiology of cancer resulting in pain from metastases, especially breast and prostate cancer
- All the therapeutic approaches utilized for palliating bone pain, with special emphasis on radiopharmaceuticals
- Eligibility criteria for undergoing the study Internal radiation dosimetry of each available drug
- Typical clinical outcomes
- Very detailed information about clinical use of each of the three available drugs.
OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of this presentation, attendees should be able to:
- List the three therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals available for palliation of pain from bony metastases and give their typical administered doses and the mode of decay and half-life of each of the radiopharmaceuticals
- Discuss the demographics of breast and prostate cancer and the expected clinical outcomes following administration of each of these drugs
- List other therapeutic approaches for palliation of pain that do not involve use of radioactivity and the limitations of each
- List at least three eligibility criteria for undergoing this type of radionuclide therapy
- Compare the whole body and bone marrow internal radiation doses for each of the three available radiopharmaceuticals.
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucmedtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. On both the left and right sides of the screen there is a link that says “PayPal”. Click on either link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!