This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 3 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Radionuclide Therapy-Radiation Safety Precautions Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Radionuclide Therapy-Radiation Safety Precautions Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment Link (Credit Card or Payment)
PATIENT AND DOSE ADMINISTRATOR PRECAUTIONS AND DOSE ADMINISTRATION METHODS WHEN ADMINISTERING THERAPEUTIC RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS CONTAINING: I-131, P-32, Sr-89, and Y-90.
TUTORIAL: 3 CEU CREDIT
This tutorial gives an overview of patient and dose administrator precautions and dose administration methods when administering therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals containing I-131, P-32, Sr-89, and Y-90.
At the conclusion of this lecture, the attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the administration procedures for treating thyroid diseases with I-131 sodium iodide using capsules and solution
2. Describe the applicability of the TDS Concept (Time, Distance, and Shielding) to minimizing radiation dose during the administration of therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals and state the relationship of each of those 3 factors to radiation dose, e.g., linear or exponential.
3. Explain the importance of good hygiene on the part of the patient
4. State at least 5 dose administrator precautions related to low-dose I-131 NaI administration
5. State the guidelines for pregnancy and nursing when I-131 is to be administered
6. State at least 10 dose administrator precautions related to high-dose I-131 NaI administration
7. Describe the administration procedures for treating non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma with Y-90 Zevalin
8. State at least 5 dose administrator precautions related to treatment of non-Hodgkins Lymphoma with Y-90 Zevalin
9. Describe the procedures for administration of P-32 Na phosphate and Sr-89 strontium chloride
10. State at least 3 dose administrator precautions related to administration of P-32 Na phosphate and Sr-89 strontium chloride
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucmedtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. On both the left and right sides of the screen there is a link that says “PayPal”. Click on either link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!