This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 2 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Gastric Emptying Studies Using Tc-99m Solid and Liquid Meals Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Gastric Emptying Studies Using Tc-99m Solid and Liquid Meals Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
Gastric Emptying Studies Using Tc-99m Solid and Liquid Meals : 2 CEU
This tutorial gives an overview on gastric emptying studies using Tc-99m solid and liquid meals
Objectives: Gastric Emptying Studies Using Tc-99m Solid and Liquid Meals
Topics to be Covered:
- Overview of topic
- Indications for which study is performed
- Radiopharmaceutical, method of preparation, radionuclide used, quality control procedures, prescribed dose, route of administration, and clinical pharmacology
- Normal distribution of the drug
- Patient preparation
- Imaging protocols and parameters, instrumentation used
- Adverse reactions of the drug
- Internal radiation dosimetry
After completion of this tutorial, one should be able to:
- List several indications for performing a gastric emptying study
- Identify the radiopharmaceuticals used, the route of administration, the typical prescribed dose, and the clinical pharmacology
- Describe the radiolabeling procedure and the method of assessing quality control.
- Describe imaging protocols and acquisition parameters for determining emptying rates and half-time of transit
- Identify normal and abnormal images and graphically analyze clearance curves, including those representative of gastric paresis, Dumping Syndrome, and rapid emptying
- Give a brief summary of internal radiation dosimetry following administration of Tc-ovalbumin.
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucpharmtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. Click on the Purchase Tutorial link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!