This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 1 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: PET Radiation Safety Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: PET Radiation Safety Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment Link (Credit Card or Payment)
PET RADIATION SAFETY IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE
TUTORIAL: 1 CEU CREDIT
This tutorial gives an overview of PET Radiation Safety in Nuclear Medicine.
After completing this tutorial, attendees will be able to:
- Know that all of the radionuclides used in PET laboratories emit positrons and produce the resultant annihilation radiation
- Explain why additional radiation safety precautions must be taken into consideration when using PET radiopharmaceuticals
- Explain the importance of the TDS method for controlling external radiation exposure
- Explain why the exposure rate of F-18 is approximately six times greater than that of Tc-99m at a distance of approximately 8 inches
- Know that for PET, barriers, partitions, and shielding must be specially designed to protect personnel, other equipment, and public areas from sources of radioactivity
- Identify all possible sources of annihilation photons in a PET imaging laboratory
- State specific things that a NMT can do to minimize his dose, that of other staff members, and patients
- State how Technologists should receive, calibrate, and inject PET radiotracers and how to dispose of residual activity in specially designed waste bins.
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucmedtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. On both the left and right sides of the screen there is a link that says “PayPal”. Click on either link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!