This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 2 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Modes Of Decay Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Modes of Decay Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment Link (Credit Card or Payment)
TUTORIAL: 2 CEU CREDIT
This tutorial gives an overview of the principles of modes of decay. After completing this tutorial, attendees will
- Understand modes of decay as it pertains to nuclear medicine
- Understand the concept of radioactive decay and name the most important factors governing radioactive decay
- Identify the components of a decay scheme and recognize the mode of decay based solely upon the appearance and the angles of the lines in the decay scheme.
- Sketch a decay scheme for each known modes of decay
- List which modes of decay can occur in neutron-deficient conditions and neutron-excessive conditions in the nucleus
- Explain the importance of the neutron/proton ration and its value as a predictor of mode of decay
- Understand the significance of excited states and gamma ray production
- Explain the sharing of energy between electron and neutrino
- Name the two modes of decay that compete with each other
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucmedtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. On both the left and right sides of the screen there is a link that says “PayPal”. Click on either link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!