This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 4 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: PET & PET/CT Instrumentation Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: PET & PET/CT Instrumentation Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
PET & PET/CT Instrumentation: Performance & Quality Control
TUTORIAL: 4 CEU CREDIT
- Positron and Negatron Decay, Commercial Production of Positron Emitters, Positron Emitting Radiopharmaceuticals, Positron-Electron Annihilation Reaction
- PET Scanner Design
- Tomographic Image Reconstruction
- Multi-Slice Scanner with Multiple Detector Rings; PET Detector Crystals, PET Scanner Crystal Block Design
- 2D Acquisition Method; 3D Acquisition Method
- Time-of-Flight PET; Time-of-Flight Reconstruction
- Commercially Available PET/CT Scanners
- Attenuation Artifacts, Attenuation Correction Density Maps
- Distribution of Scatter & Randoms, Single Detector Count Rate, Random Count Rate, Dead-Time Correction
- Standardized Uptake Value; VOI Extraction of SUV
- Calibrations & QC Tests; PET/CT Phantom
- PET and PET/CT Shielding Requirements; Isotope Shielding Considerations
- Whole Room Shielding; Portable Shields for Patients
At the completion of this course, one should be able to
- Provide an overview of PET, CT, and the hybrid PET/CT scanner
- Describe the instrumentation employed in those modalities
- Provide an overview of the special crystals used in PET scanners, including their physical properties.
- Define the term Standardized Uptake Value and explain its clinical significance
- Discuss the quality control procedures for the PET and CT scanners
- Describe the special shielding considerations for both modalities.
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit: Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Within 24 hours of receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
- Send a certificate to you via e-mail
- Send a certificate to you via US Mail
- All members of the SNMMI will have to self-report their CE Credits on the SNMMI Website (www.snmmi.org). We will automatically send detailed self-reporting instructions to you along with your CE Credit Certificate.
If you have any problems with the self-reporting system, please contact the VOICE Coordinator directly at 703 708-9000. ).
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to: Consultants in Nuclear Medicine 2910 W. Estes Avenue Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
If a turorial awards 4 CEU, the cost is $50.00
If paying by credit card: we offer a secure internet service via PayPal, a well known internet provider (www.paypal.com) for all of our Online Tutorial Courses.
Simply click the appropriate link for the tutorial for which you wish to receive CE credit. Check your “shopping cart” order carefully- adding or deleting items before you proceed to check out. “PayPal” credit card payments are available for anyone although you will need to submit more information if you are a new user without an established “PayPal” account. Please use the PayPal links on the website to submit your payment. If your credit card information does not match your score page information, please include a copy of your PayPal payment statement so we can match transactions correctly.
STUDENTS PREPARING FOR CERTIFICATION EXAMINATIONS:
All of our tutorials are available for your use in reviewing for your Board Certification Examination. There is no charge to use these tutorials unless you wish to obtain CE Credit.
TECHNOLOGISTS WISHING TO RECEIVE CE CREDIT:
Please feel free to review the tutorials as often as you wish; the test may be taken once. If a score <80% is obtained, then the test may be retaken once.
If the score is still <80%, please contact Dr. Karesh, Tutorials Coordinator, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.