This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 3 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: XOFIGO Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: XOFIGO Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
XOFIGO: 3 CEU
This tutorial gives an overview of Palliation of Pain Using Ra-223 Chloride (XOFIGO).
Topics to be covered
- Official drug name, clinical indications, and a technical description of this radio therapeutic drug
- A description of the radioactive decay scheme of radium 223 and information regarding its penetrability and human tissue
- Contra indications and side effects and adverse reactions related to this drug
- Computation of the administered dose based on patient body mass and condition of bone marrow.
- Dose administration procedure
- Internal radiation dosimetry associated with the administration of XOFIGO
- Eligibility criteria for performing this procedure.
- Kaplan-Meyer curves for overall survival
After completion of this tutorial, one should be able to
- Describe XOFIGO and its physical, chemical, and biological properties as well its mode of decay.
- State the clinical indication for use of XOFIGO
- Describe the eligibility requirements for qualifying a patient for a XOFIGO study
- Describe administration procedure and frequency of injections
- List 3 contraindications for performing the procedure
- Explain the procedure for determining dose volume
- List several possible adverse reactions and side effects
- Give a brief overview of the internal radiation dosimetry associated with XOFIGO
- Explain the Kaplan-Meyer curves and overall survival based on clinical results
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucpharmtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. Click on the Purchase Tutorial link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!