This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 2 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Attenuation of Radiation Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Attenuation of Radiation Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
ATTENUATION OF RADIATION: 2 CEUs
This tutorial gives an overview on Attenuation of Radiation
Objectives for Tutorial on Attenuation of Radiation
Topics to be Covered
- Definition of terms such as attenuation, half value layer, and 10th value layer
- Graphic representation of the attenuation of radiation as it traverses through matter
- Explanation of why parallel lines on a attenuation curve have the same half value layer
- Comparison of mono chromatic and polychromatic beams and the associated mathematics.
- Questions and mathematical problem solving related to attenuation of radiation
After completion of this tutorial, one should be able to:
- Define attenuation of radiation, half-value layer, and tenth value layer.
- Explain what happens to intensity of a beam as one removes or adds HVLs or TVLs between source and detector
- Using graphical analysis, determine HVL or TVL from a semi-logarithmic plot of Intensity vs thickness.
- State mathematical relationship between m (the linear absorption coefficient) and the HVL and compare to the mathematical relationship between l (the decay constant) and the half-life
- Write the equations for calculations involving intensity changes as a function of the number of HVLs and TVLs
- Define monochromatic and polychromatic and explain why every HVL is equally thick for monochromatic beams, but not for polychromatic beams.
- Work a variety of math problems involving change of beam intensity with change of number of HVLs or TVLs.
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucpharmtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. Click on the Purchase Tutorial link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!