This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 2 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Selective Internal Radiation Therapy Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Selective Internal Radiation Therapy Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment Link (Credit Card or Payment)
SELECTIVE INTERNAL RADIATION THERAPY (SIRT) FOR TREATMENT OF LIVER CANCER
TUTORIAL: 2 CEU CREDIT
This tutorial gives an overview of Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) for treatment of liver cancer. After completing this tutorial, attendees will be able to:
- Explain how the concept of SIRT works
- Describe the physical appearance of the Y-90 Microspheres and state the approximate diameter of the particles
- Explain why the Microspheres are able to deliver a very high dose to liver tumors while preserving normal liver tissue
- Give a brief description of the treatment planning
- Explain why we must perform an MAA Spect scan prior to the treatment
- Discuss the options if there is significant shunting to the lungs
- List several side effects of the procedure
- Describe the radiation safety issues associated with this procedure
- Identify the internal radiation dose absorbed by the patient during the procedure
- Know about insurance reimbursement for the procedure
- Identify 2 advantages to this procedure over all other therapeutic procedures for patients with tumors metastatic to the liver.
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucmedtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. On both the left and right sides of the screen there is a link that says “PayPal”. Click on either link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!