This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 1 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Optimizing Fusion in Molecular Imaging Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Image Fusion Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment Link (Credit Card or Payment)
IMAGE FUSION: OPTIMIZATION 1 CEU
This tutorial gives an overview of the role of image fusion in Nuclear Medicine.
Topics to be covered
- DICOM requirements for transferring data from other modalities
- Technologists’ responsibilities for transferring data and creating volumes for fusion
- Explanation of principles of image fusion with SPECT, MRI, CT, and Radiation Therapy
- Step by step instructions from image acquisition to fusion of information
- Use of image fusion to add anatomical information from CT, MRI, to nuclear medicine’s functional images
- Optimizing imaging parameters in nuclear medicine to have perfect correlation with other modalities, e.g., injection techniques, patient positioning, image processing and patient cooperation.
After completing this tutorial, attendees will be able to
- Understand the concept of image fusion and explain the basic principles
- Understand the optimal parameters for producing high quality fusion images
- Understand the increased responsibility to the patient’s quality of care resulting from the use of this new modality
- Understand the necessity of close communication between departments to insure a high quality image.
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucmedtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. On both the left and right sides of the screen there is a link that says “PayPal”. Click on either link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!