This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 2 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Radioactive Decay Tutorials
Proceed to the Quiz: Radioactive Decay Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
RADIOACTIVE DECAY: 2 CEU This tutorial gives an overview on Interaction of Ionizing Radiation With Matter
Objectives for Tutorial on Concepts and Mathematics of Radioactive Decay
Topics to be Covered:
- Definition of radioactive decay, the exponential law that it follows, and a definition of half-life.
- Graphic representation of radioactive decay as a function of time, both prospectively and retrospectively
- The classic mathematical formula for radioactive decay and a more modern formula with its increased simplicity.
- Mathematical problem solving
- Bi-exponential decay and graphical analysis
After completion of this tutorial, one should be able to:
- Define radioactive decay and half-life.
- Explain what happens to activity of a source going prospectively and retrospectively in time, that is, half-lives from now and half-lives in the past
- Using graphical analysis, determine half-life from a semi-logarithmic plot of activity vs time.
- State mathematical relationship between l (the decay constant) and the half-life and compare to the mathematical relationship between m (the linear absorption coefficient) and the half-value layer.
- Write the equations for calculations involving activity decrease as a function of the number of half-lives
- Work a variety of math problems involving change of beam intensity with change of number of HVLs or TVLs.
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucpharmtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. Click on the Purchase Tutorial link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!