This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 1 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Inverse Square Law Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Inverse Square Law Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
INVERSE SQUARE LAW: 1 CEU This tutorial gives an overview on Interaction of Ionizing Radiation With Matter
Objectives: Inverse Square Law
Topics to be Covered:
- Definition of the inverse square law and the mathematical relationship between intensity and distance
- Examples of point sources
- Relevance of the inverse square law with respect to radiation safety
- Mathematical applications of the inverse square law and practice problems
- The Gamma Ray Dose Constant G and its dependence upon inverse square law
After completion of this tutorial, one should be able to
- Define Inverse Square Law and state the mathematical relationship between intensity and distance
- Give 2 examples of point sources
- Explain the importance of the ISL with respect to Radiation Protection
- Solve mathematical problems based on the ISL
- Explain how the Gamma Ray Dose Constant G is related to the ISL
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucpharmtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. Click on the Purchase Tutorial link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!