This tutorial, with quiz; is ideal for a Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist wishing to earn 2 CEU credit.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Imaging of Neuroendocrine Tumors Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Imaging of Neuroendocrine Tumors Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment Link (Credit Card or Payment)
IMAGING OF NEUROENDOCRINE TUMORS USING I-123 mIBG and In-111 OCTREOSCAN
TUTORIAL: 2 CEU CREDIT
This tutorial gives an overview of Imaging of Neuroendocrine Tumors using I-123 mIBG and In-111 Octreoscan. After completing this tutorial, attendees will be able to understand the current status of imaging neuroendocrine tumors and the availability of the specific agents used for these procedures. In addition,
1. They will be able to name the three radiopharmaceuticals suitable for use in detection of neuroendocrine tumors and their required storage conditions
2. Name the three most common indications for ordering this test
3. List the prescribed injected dose for each
4. Describe the patient preparation and thyroid blockage required for each of these drugs
5. State the appropriate time post injection to begin imaging, which views are typically taken, and the imaging parameters for planar and SPECT imaging
6. Name the sites of localization of each drug in a normal patient and be able to identify neuroendocrine tumors on scans typical of the disease
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit:
Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Upon receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Upload your CE Credits to the cebroker.com website so your CE Credits will appear on your cebroker account and will automatically be submitted to the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
2. Upon request, we will send a copy of the CE Credit Certificate to you via e-mail for your records.
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to:
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine
2910 W. Estes Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
1. Visit http://www.nucmedtutorials.com
2. Select the desired tutorial.
3. On both the left and right sides of the screen there is a link that says “PayPal”. Click on either link
4. A shopping cart will open. Make sure that the quantity is 1 for each tutorial.
5. You may pay using a PayPal account if you have one or just click “Check Out”, which will permit you to use a major credit card (but not American Express).
6. Fill in the blanks and then submit
If you have any difficulty whatsoever, just give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617 and he’ll be glad to help!